Saturday, January 26, 2019

Statement of Intent

I am a man, a feminist, and a communist. Misogyny turns me on. I love to imagine my deeply held beliefs being forcefully violated. These fantasies go beyond the healthy and sanitized power exchange of BDSM to extremes that ought only ever exist as stories. I'm not ashamed of my kink, but it can be a difficult line to tread. I've been writing erotic fiction and essays under the name Sinful Syllables for 10 years.

Most numerous and edifying are the women who enjoy my work. Often they've struggled with that same internal contradiction I have: how can you be a Good Feminist when the idea of women being inherently inferior turns you on? It's a struggle compounded by the culture of MaleDom/femsub spaces where it's not always clear where role playing ends and a person's true beliefs begin. It's a space filled with abusers masquerading as kinksters. That I've been able to serve these women by satisfying their kink without threatening their ethics makes me think the work is worth doing.

Then there are the men who take my fantasy misogyny as support for their factual misogyny. It's because of them that I write posts like this one. I'd rather err on the side of being a turnoff than unwittingly feed into the delusions of a fragile and dangerous man. I believe wholeheartedly in the essential nature of continuously enthusiastic consent between partners. I practice Risk Assessed Consensual Kink. I'll do my best to turn you on, and if going out of character to remind you that everything I'm writing is a fiction kills the mood for you, then sorry not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment